The Kaslo Saturday Market is hiring a new market manager. This contract position is available immediately.
Applicants will coordinate 18 market days in 2019, from June to September. Responsibilities include:
- communication with vendors beginning in February,
- advertising and promotion of market,
- set-up and take-down of market infrastructure,
- collection and submission of vendor fees,
- and vendor reimbursement of nutrition coupons.
Successful applicants will have:
- experience organizing and promoting public events,
- experience handling and tracking money,
- ability to deal with conflicts,
- and a passion for local food makers and artisans.
Remuneration is $3240 for the year.
Applicants can send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or bring one in person to the North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society office at 336 B Avenue, Kaslo. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is February 15, 2019. Full job description below.
Job title: Kaslo Saturday Market Manager
Last updated: January 22, 2019
Contract position: $3,240.00
Job/Position Summary: The Kaslo Saturday Market Manager is an employee of North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society. The Kaslo Saturday Market Manager will work with the Food Security Coordinator and other staff of NKLCSS, and a farmer’s market advisory committee to plan and deliver the Kaslo Saturday Market program.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Soliciting and coordinating vendors, collecting fees, issuing receipts
- Advertising the market in Pennywise before and throughout the market season
- Creating print materials such as posters for general distribution
- Set up and take down of market infrastructure each market day
- Delivering vendor fees and other payments to NKLCSS Finance Manager
- Manage vendor reimbursement of Farmer’s Market Nutrition Coupon Program coupons weekly.
- Attending farmer’s market advisory committee meetings
- Promoting the market through, and maintaining, the Kaslo Saturday Market Facebook page and Instagram account.
Supervision Received: The market manager will receive direction from the Food Security Coordinator and the Finance Manager, as well as be responsible for acting on direction from the farmer’s market advisory committee.
Supervision Given: When not able to be present at the farmer’s market, the market manager will arrange for, train, and compensate a back-up market manager.
Work Experience and Skill Requirements: The following work experiences and skills are considered assets for this job:
- Demonstrated experience organizing public events
- Experience handling money and tracking money, payments, etc.
- Ability to deal with conflict situations
- Experience working with and taking direction from a committee
- Experience with social media, and basic graphic design programs for poster-making