Strong Start Parent and Child Time will begin again in Kaslo on Monday, September 17th, and in Meadow Creek on Tuesday, September 18th.
The schedule this year will be as follows:
- Monday 8:45 - 11:45 am
- Tuesday 4:30 - 7:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:45 - 11:45 am
- Tuesday 8:45 - 11:45 am
- Thursday 8:45 - 11:45 am
***Please note for the evening Strong Start dinner program families who attend must have at least one child who is 5 years old or younger.
In Kaslo on Wednesday, September 19th, Liam Fitzpatrick from the Circle of Indigenous Nations Society will be joining us at Strong Start. Beginning at 10:45 Liam will be with us to share cultural teachings and traditional drumming on the Grandmother Drum. We hope you can join us.
Some additional information for Kaslo is that our gym time has changed again this year to fit in among the other scheduling needs the school has. Our daily schedule in Kaslo for the year will be:
- 8:45 - 9:10 - Welcome and free play
- 9:10 - 9:25 - Circle time
- 9:25- 9:45 - Snack
- 9:45 - 10:45 - Gym time (families will also be invited to use the school library during this time)
- 10:45-11:30 - Activity/storytelling/free play
- 11:30 - Clean up and goodbye
Please let Sarah Evans know if you have any questions. You can reach her at 250-353-7691 ext 207. We look forward to seeing you soon!