This has been cancelled due to low enrolment. It will be rescheduled to a later date probably on two evenings. Please still contact Jenny to let her know if you are interested.
Thursday Nov 2nd, from 11am -3pm at St. Andrews Heritage Hall.
This workshop is for Friends and Family of those with Substance Use Issues. The workshop is based on the SMART Recovery model.
It covers the following topics:
- The Neuro-Biology of Addiction
- Stages of Change (for both the friend/family member and the person using)
- Theories of Addiction (various viewpoints, science-based)
- Effective Communication with your loved one that is using
- Setting Healthy Personal Boundaries
- Enabling (what is it and how to avoid)
- Change/Plan Tool/worksheet
Facilitated by Jen Preston, RN, and Karen Lehman, MSW, who run the Interior Health Adult Day Treatment Program in Castlegar.
To register please contact Jenny Hide 250-353-7691 ext. 204. For registration we will need your name, Date of Birth and Personal Health Number.
This is a free workshop, open to the public.
Participants should bring a lunch or plan to grab something out - there will be a 30 min lunch break.
Participants will be supplied with a binder with lots of printed information.
If you have any questions please contact Jenny Hide at 250-353-7691 ext 204 (leave a message and she will call you back).