Applications for Holiday Hampers are due by 3 pm on Thursday December 7th. You can pick up and drop off applications at: the NKLCSS office at 336 B Avenue; Kaslo Food Hub, 500 4th Street (basement of St. Andrew’s Heritage Hall – entrance off alley); Kaslo Family Centre in JVH School; or the Meadow Creek Family Centre in Jewett School. You can also download and print the application.
Hampers are to be picked up at the Kaslo Food Hub, 500 4th Street (basement of St. Andrew’s Heritage Hall – entrance off alley) on Thursday December 21st from 9am to 1pm. A satellite location will be offered at the Meadow Creek Hall at applicant request (please specify on your application) with the same day and hours as Kaslo.
If you would like to make a contribution, you can help by:
- Setting up a recurring monthly donation directly from your Kootenay Savings Credit Union account or by making us one of your Payees in the Bill Payment Section. Please contact our office to get your donor number.
- Finding us at the Kaslo Christmas Craft Faire Saturday, Dec. 2nd, with charity gift cards made by students of JV Humphries School. You will also be able to renew your membership if you haven’t already. And remember that lifetime memberships can be purchased for $250.
- Donating when shopping at Front Street Market by asking to donate $2 at the till.
- Donating outside Front Street Market in December when the Lakeside Learning School students run a Christmas Fundraiser for the Food Cupboard.
- Donating food for the Food Cupboard at the Food Drive Box located in the Front Street Market. (Please donate nothing that is past its best before date.)
- Donating on Food Bank BC’s website www.foodbanksbc.com, or on the CBC Food Bank Day, Friday December 1st.
- Donating anytime by going to our website www.nklcss.org and clicking on the “Donate Now” button.
- Adding NKLCSS to your will as a beneficiary.
- Just making a cheque out to North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society and putting it in the mail addressed to NKLCSS, Box 546, Kaslo