Permanent Employment Opportunity
North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society
Community Adult Mental Health and Substance Use Counsellor – Kaslo & Crawford Bay.
34 hours per week.
As the Case Manager for Adult Mental Health and Substance Use issues you will provide clinical services to clients in our Community Outpatient Program. The Case Manager works closely with other members of the clinical team of psychiatrists, physicians, counsellors and outreach workers throughout the Kootenay Lake Interior Health region in assessing clients’ mental health status, formulating a plan of care, implementing planned care and evaluating outcomes. You will also provide outreach to clients in their home. Clinical supervision and professional development provided.
- A degree in social work, counselling or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience with a specialty in Mental Health and Substance Use issues.
- Working knowledge of DSM 5.
- One to three years' previous work in a similar environment required.
- Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community based programs and related provincial and community support systems is preferred.
- Specific knowledge in program, legislative/policy, provincial and other government frameworks and systems with relationship to the Mental Health act.
- Driver’s license and access to a sound vehicle for work purposes.
Please email the Administrator at North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society with your resume and cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wage starting at $26.08/hour.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Full job description will be posted below shortly.