Full-time Employment Opportunity
Outreach Worker - Child & Youth Mental Health
An exciting opening for an Outreach Worker to work with children and youth based in
Kaslo and Crawford Bay
Up to 37.5 hours per week (subject to funding)
As the Child and Youth Outreach Worker, you will provide comprehensive evidence-based services for children and youth under the age of 19, and their parents and caregivers, residing in the North Kootenay Lake and the surrounding area. You will work closely with members of the counselling team, referring agencies and community partners. Clinical supervision will be provided.
- Master’s degree in a related social services field or a lesser degree with a combination of training and experience
- Able to be registered or licensed with an appropriate provincial body.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessment and treatment of children and youth who experience mental, emotional and behavioural problems.
- Demonstrated experience providing individual, group, and family, psycho-educational and brief therapy.
- Demonstrated experience conducting psycho-educational support groups for children, youth and/or their caregivers.
- Demonstrated consultation and liaison skills with external agencies.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Please email the Administrator at North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society with your resume and cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wage starting at $26.08/hour
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Full job description will be posted in the next several days (by March 18th or sooner).