Temporary Full Time Employment Opportunity: 8 weeks
North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society
Food Recovery Assistant
30 hours/week Wage: $20/hour
The Kaslo Food Hub is seeking a Food Recovery Assistant for July and August. This position is a temporary summer position and applicants must be between ages 15-30. Funding for this position is partly provided by the Government of Canada.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Processing excess food to reduce waste and convert it into shelf-stable food through dehydrating, freezing, etc.
• Harvesting and processing local fruit for our Feeding Families Not Bears program
• Gardening, watering and weeding in Food Hub gardens
• Working with and directing volunteers in food processing
• Education, promotion and outreach of Food Hub programs
• Helping with Food Hub programs like Food Cupboard, Farmer’s Market and Special events as directed
• Tracking stats and keeping work logs
• Package soups and other foods made at the Food Hub
• Stock shelves for Food Cupboard service
• Other light duties like cleaning, organizing, etc.
Work Experience and Skill Requirements:
• General knowledge of Food Safe food handling principles is an asset
• Comfort with and experience preparing and storing food is valuable
• Ability to receive direction and work independently
• Flexibility and willingness to do a variety of tasks related to our Food Hub programs
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Please email the Administrator at North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society with your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
NKLCSS is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of the BIPOC and LGBTQIA2S+ communities to apply.