As the end of 2020 approaches, and the days get shorter, we at North Kootenay Lake Community Services are thinking of the challenges that winter brings to those most in need of support, especially in the context of the global pandemic.
We are now launching our annual fundraising activities in support of the Food Hub and Seniors Support program. These are two of our programs that do not receive ongoing government funding.
Your generous contributions will help us:
- Distribute food to those in need, through our Food Cupboards based in Kaslo, and now also in Meadow Creek (just for the winter!).
- Stay connected with seniors in our community and ensure we help them access the supports they need
- Continue to respond to the emerging needs that arise in our community, when you donate to the ‘General Support’fund
You can support your community by:
- Donating anytime at www.nklcss.org by clicking on the “Donate Now” button.
- Setting up a recurring monthly donation from your Kootenay Savings Credit Union account or by making us a Payee in the Bill Payment Section. Please contact our office to get your donor number.
- Making a cheque out to NKLCSS and mail to NKLCSS, Box 546, Kaslo
- Donating outside Front Street Market December 5th – 18th when JV Humphries students run a Christmas Fundraiser for the Food Cupboard.
- Donating on Food Bank BC’s website www.foodbanksbc.com, or on the CBC Food Bank Day, Friday December 4th.
- Adding NKLCSS to your will as a beneficiary.
Contact the office at 250-353-7691 for more information or see our website www.nklcss.org to learn more about our programs.
Donate by Dec. 31st in order to receive a 2020 tax receipt, (a receipt will be issued for all gifts over $20).
From all of us at North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society, stay well and have a happy and safe holiday season.
On behalf of the Board and Staff of North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society