Available 24/7, our Safe Home program provides short term emergency safe housing for female-identifying individuals and their children who are at risk of domestic violence or abuse. Efforts are made to accommodate pets if possible.
The program offers:
- Safety planning
- Emotional support
- Advocacy and information for victim-based needs
- Help accessing other resources including victims services, counselling, family support, and food hub
- Transportation to the Aimee Beaulieu Transition House (in Nelson)
The Safe home program can be accessed:
During regular office hours (9-4 Monday to Thursday) by calling NKLCSS 250 353 7691. Please note that we are closed on most holidays.
After Hours and statutory holidays by calling Aimee Beaulieu Transition House at 250 354 4357.
What to consider taking with you if you have to leave home:
- Driver’s licence or ID
- Birth certificates: yours and your children’s
- Money, cheque book, credit cards
- Lease, rental agreement, house deed
- Bank book, bank statement
- House keys, car keys
- Social Insurance Card
- Address Book, phone numbers
- Care card, medications, medical records - yours and your children’s
- Marriage licence, divorce papers
Additional resources and information about safety planning, and emergency housing:
- How to clear your browsing history: https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache